The DFW real estate market is off to a great start with home and condo sales up across the board year over year for January 2020. Collin County closed out at 899 home and condo sales up 13.7% over January 2019, Dallas County came in at 1,468 up 12.6%, Denton County 860 sales up over 23.2%, Rockwall County up 123 sales up over 20.6%, and Tarrant County at 1,518 sales up over 5.6%. While sales are strong throughout the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX area, DFW housing inventory is still struggling in all counties except Rockwall County, falling short on pre-owned and new construction home and condo inventory levels.
According to the Texas Association of Realtors, for the 5th consecutive year, the Texas housing market set new records for the number of homes sold and median home price values statewide in 2019. The TAR report, 2019 Texas Real Estate Year in Review, also reported the median Texas home price for 2019 was $240,000, an increase of 3.2% from the previous year. Increasing housing demand and inventory levels in Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX combined with record low interest rates and record home price appreciation is expected to set the stage for more buy and sell transactions that will fuel the housing market and drive home a record year for DFW home and condo sales.
DFW Home & Condo Inventory January 2020:
- Collin County Housing Market - 3,645 Active Listings, 16% Decrease Prior Year
- Dallas County Housing Market - 5,835 Active Listings, 4.6% Decrease Prior Year
- Denton County Housing Market - 3,201 Active Listings, 11.4% Decrease Prior Year
- Rockwall County Housing Market - 694 Active Listings, 10.7% Increase Prior Year
- Tarrant County Housing Market - 4,850 Active Listings, 4.7% Decrease Prior Year
DFW Real Estate Market Statistics - January 2020:
Posted by Kenneth G. Cox on