McKinney is the name of a city located in Collin County, Texas. It is recognized as the 19th most populated city in Texas. It is located just 31 miles to the north of Dallas, Texas. According to the Census Bureau, this is one of the fastest growing cities in Texas.
William Davis was the original owner of the land that is now known as McKinney. He donated 120 acres of the land he owned to the town. It was not until 10 years later that the town became incorporated and was adopted by the government.
The first 125 years of this suburb's existence it was the commercial hotspot of the county. It provided corn, flour, cotton, cottonseed oil, banks, churches, newspapers, and schools. In the 1880's there was even an opera house.