One of the most popular events of the year is nearly here: The State Fair of Texas. This event is one of the largest and one of the most attended in the DFW area every single year. It will be held this year from September 25th to October 18th at Fair Park.
Things to do at the Fair
There are a number of things to do as adults and as a family at the State Fair of Texas. This year will features all of the following:
- Main Stage Performances - Including Craig Wayne Boyd, Lyfe Jennings, Lecrae, Pesado, Kelsea Ballerini, Brandon Rhyder, The Beach Boys, Trio Grande, Francesco Yates, and many more.
- The Mattress Firm Illumination Sensation Show
- Wild West Pet Palooza
- BMX Show
- Zuzu African Acrobats
- Oak Farms Children's Activity Center
- Big Tex's Farmyard
- Little Hands on the Farm
- Pee Wee Stampede
- The Auto Show
- Chevrolet Ride and Drive
- Fall Garden Program
- The Midway - Featuring attractions, such as Top o' Texas Tower, Texas State Ferris Wheel, Log Flumes, Dentzel Carousel and more.
- State Fair Classic College Football Game
- AT&T Red River Showdown College Football Game
- And Much More!
There's so much to do at the fair and plenty for everybody to enjoy.
Of course, you will want to enjoy some of the indulgent food found at the State Fair of Texas. There will be all kinds of choices from turkey legs to corn dogs and plenty of very inventive choices. The food will also include the Big Tex Choice Awards, Contest Kitchen and the Celebrity Kitchen.
You can choose from a number of different ticket packages for different events. General admission is $18 for adults and $14 for children and seniors. You can get a Season Pass for $39.95, as well.
The different ticket coupon packages provides savings up to 30% with a ticket package including 2 season passes and 120 coupons for $99 They also provides other packages to fit with your specific needs.