In a recent study by yardi.com together with storagecafe.com, Southlake was selected as the best suburb with a city feel in the U.S. Living here means you get plenty of space, safe streets and good schools, plus an excellent mix of lifestyle-oriented amenities.
Southlake, TX was selected as the best suburb with city feel in the U.S based on the following criteria:
- The local median household income
- Housing affordability index, an indicator that shows the local housing cost – both rents and home values – related to income
- Local employment opportunities (businesses/1,000 people) and their corresponding average wage
- Population density measured as people per square mile
- The number of retail stores and restaurants per 1,000 of the local population
- Park and recreation area square footage per capita
- Public schools ranking
- Crime rate, defined as offenses known to law enforcement as a percentage of the population
- The availability of self storage as it’s a service most likely associated with moving
Southlake, TX Real Estate Statistics:
- Southlake is in fact one of the most prosperous suburban communities in the country, with households earning about $240,200/year.
- Besides excellent schooling and low population density, there are also local opportunities for jobs, with about 49 businesses per 1,000 residents.
- There are about 6.5 retail stores per 1,000 locals, twice as many as you’d find in the average suburb, and 3.8 restaurants for every 1,000 residents.
- There is ample opportunity for outdoor entertainment here, with about 577 square feet of park space available per person.
- Additionally, locals have access to about 10 health care and social assistance establishments per 1,000 persons.
For more information on luxury homes and real estate in Southlake TX, contact one of our Southlake Realtors.