Suburbs run wild throughout the United States, but not all suburbs are equal. Dallas is making its name known on the list of “Best” suburbs in the nation. Of course, Texas is a large area, but their suburbs top the charts in a big way. There are endless opportunities when living in an outstanding suburb.
One national ranking, the Apartment List, showed two Texas suburbs in the top 10 places for young families to live. They based their rankings on four key points:
- Safety – total of brutal and residential crimes for every 100,000 individuals.
- Housing Cost – based on the percent of the average revenue that it takes to inhabit a two-bedroom apartment.
- School Quality – the rate at which students graduate from a public school facility.
- Child Friendliness – percent of the residents who are under the age of 18.
These standards were used with nearly 500 different cities to spot the top 100.
Allen stole the number 2 spot on the Apartment List. This was highly due to the successful graduation rate that the area possesses. Plus, this community is highly involved in sports, which provides a fantastic family atmosphere.
Frisco came in at number 5 on the list. It received this spot for its outstanding school offerings, cost efficiency, safety and kid friendliness.
Altogether, the Apartment List was dominated by four states: Texas, California, Michigan and Minnesota.
Other North Texas Cities that made the list include:
- Flower Mound – Number 11
- McKinney – Number 20
- Mansfield - Number 24
- Grapevine - Number 41
- Plano – Number 48
Central Texas Cities that made the list include:
- Pflugerville – Number 29
- Round Rock – Number31
- Georgetown – Number 49
- New Braunfels - Number 59
- Temple - Number 76.
Houston Suburbs that landed in the top 50 include:
- Pearland - Number 21
- League City - Number 34
- Sugar Land - Number 39